DRAFT (as of Mar 16, 2015)
MAJOR GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT FOR CITY OWNED LAND – APN 322-06-010
City-owned real estate of 168 acres bordered by:
- North – Interstate 40
- East – Undeveloped Cherokee Street
- South – Undeveloped Airfield Avenue and State Trust land – Section 16
- West – Undeveloped Sage Street; a Unisource Substation; the west 17.1 acres to remain Open Space/Parks.
Regional Commercial is a general designation for the general plan, The General Plan Amendment does not rezone the property. However, if the General Plan amendment is successful, a future rezoning application can be submitted to rezone the property to a commercial zoning district. At that time speciific land uses will be defined. On the north, which is a C-3 PDD zone, this zoning district allows the commercial uses of the C-3 zoning district, except: truck sales and service; new and used truck and trailer rentals and service, vehicle towing and storage; BMX tracks, mini-storages, motocross tracks, off-premise signs; swap meets; tire retreading and recapping, travel trailer parks, and truck stop facilities.
- Planning and Zoning Commission will hold two Public Hearings
- April 14 City Chambers
- April 28 County Auditorium
- Planning and Zoning Commission will send recommendation to Kingman city Council recommending or not recommending a General Plan Amendment.
- Kingman City Council will hold a Public Hearing on May 5th for the General Planh Amendment.
- Kingman city Council will vote to approve or disapprove Genearl Plan Amendment. Approval requires a minimum of 2/3 or five yes votes.
- If, approved by Kingman city council, the 151-acres will be classified a “Regional Commercial” and subsequent rezoning actions will state specific uses, with emphasis on providing retail opportunities for high leakage sales areas: clothing, electronics, shoes, sporting goods.
- Sale/lease of land is subject to provisions of ARS 9-4037.
- A Change of Access report will have to be developed and approved before the interchange is allow to have access to the south.
- Solicitation/Request for Proposal (Mohave County Contracting Office)
- City would not accept less than appraised value
- Must contribute % of Traffic Interchange (TI) Cost. North side developers and KRMC must contribute remaining %
- No construction can commence before TI begins construction. This condition already exists for North side developer
For more information about Richard Anderson visit http://www.dicks-corner.com/